Joined with this agent in April of 2015 for my homeowners and auto policy. Somewhere along the line, they added some guy I knew briefly 8 or 9 years ago to my auto policy without even telling me.

A year ago, I called to find out why my rates were so high. We had a lengthy discussion about my coverage and ways to possibly reduce it. During that conversation, he asked if I wanted this person added. I was shocked he even had that name since I had not seen or talked to this person in almost a decade.

I told them that. I said no, I don't want him added, why would you even ask me that? He responded, well, he pops up as a possible associated driver. He did not tell me this person was ALREADY on my insurance and I was paying an extra $53 a month to insure a virtual stranger in another state.

Nor did he remove him from my policy. I found about all of this yesterday.

They refuse to refund the money they have overcharged me ($1200) and say this is just their "standard practice" to sign you up and then dig around in your past for drivers to add without your acknowledgment or consent. Steer very clear of this insurance agency.

Review about: Allstate Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Unethical Business Practices.

Comments